WavePro breakers continue the long-standing experience and safety of the GE AKR breaker line--while adding new convenience and safety features. These rugged breakers are designed to withstand short circuit stresses equal to short time interrupting ratings, allowing maximum selectivity with downstream devices. WavePro breakers can be used in power systems rated 208 to 600 volts and have current ratings 800 to 5000 amperes, with short circuit interrupting ratings from 30kA to 200kA rms symmetrical. Breakers are designed to ANSI standards, and carry a UL and CSA label.
With the EntelliGuard TU installed, the system can achieve arc flash protection of HRC2 or better without sacrificing selectivity for available fault currents as high as 100KA.
Features and Benefits
- True closed-door drawout design
- Field-installable accessories
- One standardized wiring diagram for all breakers with dedicated secondary disconnect and breaker accessory points
- Trip unit display through the breaker escutcheon with metering and trip information
- Two choices of solid-state trips with function and cost variability:
- Power+ with basic overload and short circuit protection, and optional ground fault trip target
- EntelliGuard TU featuring Waveform Recognition Instantaneous, Large backlit LCD and Status LED with options for Advanced Metering, Relaying, Waveform Capture, RELT, ZSI-I
- Maintenance convenience and safety
- Maximum selectivity with downstream devices
- Minimum downtime